2016 LYSA Annual General Meeting Notice
The Annual General Meeting for the Lexington Youth Soccer Association will be held:
June 15, 2016 (Wednesday)
404 Sporting Court
(next to Meijers on Reynolds Road)
Nominations are being accepted for the following positions. Elections will be held at the AGM.
The LYSA Bylaws state: Candidates for election must be current members of LYSA as defined in Article 1, Section 1.1 and be currently serving or have served within the past three (3) years as a director or
member of the League Council or Standing Committees of LYSA.
1.1 Members . Members of the Lexington Youth Soccer Association ("LYSA" or the "Corporation") shall be composed of the following:
(a) The current members of the Board of Directors and any who served in the season immediately preceding the annual meeting;
(b) All members of the League Councils and the Standing Committees of LYSA, and any who served in the season immediately preceding the annual meetings;
(c) Any coach, or division coordinator currently serving or who have served in the season preceding the annual meeting; and
(d) Any parent or guardian of a player registered for the next season or the season immediately preceding the annual meeting.
(e) Any Amateur League player or coach registered for the next season or the season immediately preceding the annual meeting.
Nominations are also being accepted for the following LYSA Director positions:
The current Board of Directors at the first LYSA Board Meeting following the Annual General Meeting will elect these positions, they will not be elected during the AGM.
Please submit nominations by June 6, 2016 to:
PO BOX 24844
Lexington KY 40524
For questions regarding the Annual General Meeting, please contact Catherine Carrico at the above email address or 8598068471.
Notice of nominees will be posted on the LYSA web site (www.lysa.org) on June 13, 2016.
Dear LYSA Families,
Multiple issues between LYSA parents and referees have recently been brought to our attention.
We would like to remind all parents and spectators:
* Currently there is a shortage of referees in our state
* We appreciate young referees becoming involved in the program
* New referees are doing their best to keep the game safe
* They WILL miss some calls and/or make some bad calls
* We need these referees to continue with the program. Without them, we would not be able to play.
* Please remember that your child could be the referee one day
* No one should have to work in a volatile or hostile environment
* Any parent or spectator asked to leave the field is subject to punishment decided by the League Director. Punishment may include single, multiple or permanent game suspensions.
* Please watch this video and remember... it is only a game.
LYSA Board of Directors
Local Claire Bieber named Region II TOPSoccer Buddy of the Year!
|Congratulations to Kentucky Youth Soccer TOPSoccer Buddy of the Year, Claire Bieber for being named the Region II TOPSoccer Buddy of the Year. Claire will be recognized at the 2016 US Youth Soccer Awards Gala in Balitmore, Maryland on . She is one four region winners up for the National Award. Congratulations and good luck Claire!|
Registration is OPEN NOW!! To register, click on the "Registration" tab on the left.
LYSA--Soccer for the whole family!!